A scholar of the county of Sătmar from 1905 to 1908, Mikola attended drawing courses at the Julien Academy in Paris under the guidance of Jean Paul Laurens and at the Delécluse Academy under the guidance of Ernest Laurens. In Paris, he met Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse. Between 1908 and 1909 he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Budapest, with professors Székely Bertalan and Ferenczy Károly. Since 1908 he has been coming to Baia Mare for good and in the same year he started with 12 works at the exhibition of young artists in Budapest.
Until the end of his life he worked as an independent in Baia Mare, being in 1911 among the founding members of the Society of Painters of Baia Mare. Between 1927-1935 and 1940-1944 he led the School of Fine Arts in Baia Mare until 1945 with Krizsán János. Between 1933-1934 he was deputy mayor of Baia Mare. Since 1944 he has been president of the Painters Association of Baia Mare. He was a member of the Union of Plastic Artists, Baia Mare branch and in 1946 he was awarded the title of Artist Emeritus. He died in Baia Mare in 1970.
This work completes the collection of the County Museum of Art “Baia Mare artistic Center”, translating the beginning period of the artist who immortalizes, in an impressionistic approach, one of the fairs that dynamized the historical center of the city. The chromatic generosity and the strong contrast between light and shade highlight the emblematic elements, the reformed church profiled on the Dealul Crucii hill. Today’s Piața Libertății retains its old rectangular shape configuration, in the past having the main function of hosting annual fairs.